I'm in vacation mode, chic-hearts! I'm looking forward to playing tourist in my own city for a couple weeks! Chicago has so many amazing things to do, yet not enough hours in the day (sigh). Here's a peak into my stay-cation. What are your plans for the holidays? XO
- Take a dance class: I've had my eyes on a hip-hop class for quite some time, going to bust out the booty and get movin! (Wish me luck!)
- Sit fireside: Sadly, I don't have a fireplace. They are game-changers in this Chicago winter, believe me! Luckily, there are hundreds of cozy bars/restaurants that include fireplaces and delicious food and cocktails! Going to try a few out -- follow my adventures on Instagram.
- Drink Hot Cocoa: A simple, yet delicious plan -- don't you agree? Don't forget to pile on the marshmallows!
- Ice-Skate: I am so fortunate to live in such a beautiful city -- If you haven't been, the 'bean' is a magical place in Millennium Park. They offer free ice-skating during the winter months (it keeps us sane)
- Gaze at the Stars: I am so excited to visit the Adler Planetarium to gaze at the 'winter sky' -- Unfortunately for us city folks, we don't know what stars are... Thank goodness for museums, right?
- Dolphin Show: Time to play tourist, and go to the Shedd Aquarium. I have been itching to see the dolphin show, they make me so happy!
- Soak in the Tub: I absolutely love my bubble-baths. I plan to take a couple daily, just because...
- Play in the Snow: You're never too old to play in the snow, I repeat -- you are never too old to play in the snow. We have a snowstorm on the way, so look out for Frosty. I also challenge my fellow Chicagoans to a snowball fight.
- Sleep all day: There will be a few (or more) days I will lay in bed all day, and not feel guilty about it! Time to relax, and refresh before 2014 arrives!